Antequam cómedam - Sundays of Sept 1&2 No 2

R. Antequam / cómedam, suspíro, et tamquam inundántes aquæ sic rugítus meus, † quia timor, quem timébam, evenit mihi, et quod verébar áccidit. † Nonne dissimulávi? nonne sílui? nonne quiévi? * Et venit super me indignátio.
V. Ecce non est auxílium mihi in me, et necessárii quoque mei recessérunt a me.
R. Et venit super me indignátio.
R. My sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters, for the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. Was not I silent? Held not I my peace? Was not I at rest? * And trouble came.
V. Behold, I cannot help myself, and they that were needful unto me have forsaken me.
R. And trouble came.
NR 580

Used:

Sundays of Sept 1&2 No 2

Sources

Translation source: DO

Text: Job 3, 24-26 = Id., 23, 6-7

Chant

NR 580
Grego (different verse)

Notes

006106
Job: P1 H 2