R. Noli / me
derelínquere, pater sancte, quia thesáuros tuos iam expéndi. * Non ego te
désero, fili, neque derelínquo; † sed maióra tibi debéntur pro fide Christi
certámina.
V. Nos quasi senes
levióris pugnæ cursum recípimus, † te autem quasi iúvenem manet gloriósior de
tyránno triúmphus: † post tríduum me sequéris sacerdótem levíta.
R. Non ego te
désero, fili, neque derelínquo; † sed maióra tibi debéntur pro fide Christi
certámina.
|
R. Leave me not, holy Father, for I
have spent already thy treasures. * I leave thee not, my son, neither forsake
thee but there awaiteth thee for Christ's truth a wrestling sterner than
mine.
V. We, as old men, have an easier race
to run; for thee in thy youth, there is kept a more glorious victory over the
enemy; yet three days, and thou shalt follow me, the Deacon behind the
Priest.
R. I leave thee not, my son, neither
forsake thee but there awaiteth thee for Christ's truth a wrestling sterner
than mine.
|
Used:
Benedictine: St Lawrence no 6
Roman: no 5
Sources
Translation source: DO
Text:
Notes
007229 (Non me derelinquere...)
P4