Hodie in Iordane baptizato Domino - Epiphany Responsory no 1

R. Hódie / in Iordáne baptizáto Dómino apérti sunt cæli, † et sicut colúmba super eum Spíritus mansit, et vox Patris intónuit: * Hic est Fílius meus diléctus, in quo mihi bene complácui.
V. Descéndit Spíritus Sanctus corporáli spécie sicut colúmba in ipsum, † et vox de cælo facta est.
R. Hic est Fílius meus diléctus, in quo mihi bene complácui.
R. This day, when the Lord was baptized in Jordan, the heavens were opened, and the Spirit descended like a dove, and abode upon Him, and, lo, the voice of the Father was heard, like unto thunder, saying:* This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.
V. The Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven
R. This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.

LR 71

Used:

Feast of the Epiphany No 1
Sunday I after Epiphany no1
Baptism of Our Lord No 1

Sources

Translation source: DO

Text: Mt 3:16-17

Chant

LR 71
NR 229
Gregofacsimil (diff verse)

Audio



Source notes

Gregorien