Veni hodie ad fontem aquae - Quinquagesima No 9











℟. Veni / hódie ad fontem aquæ, et orávi Dóminum, dicens: * Dómine, Deus Abraham, tu prósperum fecísti desidérium meum.
℣. Igitur puélla, cui díxero, Da mihi aquam de hýdria tua, ut bibam: † et illa díxerit, Bibe, dómine, et camélis tuis potum tríbuam: † ipsa est, quam præparávit Dóminus fílio dómini mei.
℟. Dómine, Deus Abraham, tu prósperum fecísti desidérium meum.
℟. I came this day unto the well, and I besought the Lord, and said: * O Lord God of Abraham, Thou hast prospered my way.
℣.Therefore the virgin to whom I shall say: Give me water of thy pitcher to drink; and she shall say to me: Drink, my lord, and I will give thy camels drink also; let the same be the woman whom the Lord hath appointed out for my master's son.
℟. O Lord God of Abraham, Thou hast prospered my way.

NR 295-6

Used:

Quinquagesima Sunday  No 9
Ash Wednesday and Saturday after no 1

Sources

Translation source: DO

Text: Gen 24:42-3

Chant

NR 295-6
Gregofacsimil

Audio
-
Source notes

Gregorien